Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Photo Credits & Blue Thousand Islands

Here's an older quilt which I finally finished last Spring. Happily I got new photographs taken which I feel show it VERY well. 


Unless stated otherwise, all photos here are courtesy of my friend & fellow artist Sage Reynolds, Copyright 2008, with thanks and affection.

Some close ups.

More detail.


This was the first of my quilts to have a colored back (other than say, unbleached muslin as would be the traditional back for a quilt). At the time, it seemed a BIG leap, I was very concerned between two slightly different shades of blue, this hydrangea blue as I called it. 


One slightly more blue purple than the other; of course, a subtlety that only I would see, never mind that it was on the BACK of the quilt.



Minutia I need not have worried about; lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment