Sunday, November 4, 2018

Dancing Laundry on the Clothesline

This was so much fun, a novelty fabric donated to my Quilter's Guild by Nick & Nora, Crazy, laundry dancing on a clothes line.



I was provided a packet of most of these fabrics & added a few of my own.

The purple print is a Liberty of London fabric, with its lush, marvelous hand & a great variety of purples.



The odd shot of mens' underwear; at first I was a bit embarrassed to feature this in a quilt.


But it also offered such an unusual color palette that I became intrigued.  


The pink & purple (lilac) & yellow, w/shots of white & beige.
  

Then too I had the beautiful lilac/purples print from Liberty, juxtaposed w/ the chalk stripe, a nice, textilian interplay of bold  & brash along side banker-style conservative gave me a chuckle.


More of  the playful colorings:  dancing lilac  trousers ... striped polo shirts are good too!  It brought out a whimsy in me in combining the fabrics & improvising the layout.   


Look, even a pair of birds sitting on the clotheslines taking in the scene, sweet. 


A fitting backing fabric completes the picture.


I believe this quilt  made for charity was given to a shelter for battered women.  Hope it makes someone there smile as it did me.



No comments:

Post a Comment